(UPDATE!): tinkerBOY DPI Adapter updated v1.0 to v1.1 to fix the mislabeled data pins and re-designed the board to improve and optimize it. Both v1.0 and v1.1 are functionally the same.
The tinkerBOY DPI adapter v1.0 is designed to work with the 3.5″ LQ035NC111 LCD via the the Raspberry Pi’s DPI interface (Display Parallel Interface). It is compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero and 3.
- 18-bit RGB via DPI.
- Five (5) free GPIO pins (GPIO27, GPIO10, GPIO11, GPIO26, GPIO18).
- PWM Brightness control.
- Compatible with both Raspberry Pi Zero and 3.
- Low-power consumption.
The 3.5″ LQ035NC111 LCD is widely available and can be purchased on eBAy and AliExpress.
NOTE: DO NOT turn the power on without connecting the LCD (LQ035NC111).
- tinkerBOY DPI Adapter v1.0: Gettting Started Guide – Also works with the new v1.1
- 3D Bracket for the 3.5″ LQ035NC111 LCD
- tinkerBoy DPI Adapter v1.0 Dimensions
*** All adapters are fully tested prior to sale and shipping.
Credits: I want to say thanks to Robert Ely for his very informative post about DPI.