(new!) tinkerBOY Controller V3.0 for Game Boy Zero mod. Designed and built from scratch to make it easier to build your own Game Boy Zero. Uses a USB hub to join both the controller and the audio chip for a single 2-wire data connections to the Raspberry Pi. The USB audio is configured to work out of the box without soldering any analog volume wheel so you can test it immediately.
- Atmega32u4 chip for the controller inputs.
- C-Media USB Audio with builtin power amp.
- FE1.1s USB hub.
- Digital volume enabled by default but can be easily disabled via hotkey button or serial com in order to use an analog volume wheel.
- Supports a 6-button arcade style layout.
- Supports 2 analog joysticks. Disabled by default but can be easily enabled via hotkey button or via serial com.
- 2 free usb ports for external use.
- Requires just 2 wires to connect to a Raspberry Pi excluding the power lines.
- Compatible with Pi Zero or Pi 3.
tinkerBOY Controller V3.0 needs only two wire connections to the Raspberry Pi’s data pins to enable usb sound, controller inputs, and usb hub. A tinkerBOY Speaker 4O2W is highly recommended for better sounds.
***All boards are fully tested.
Additional Parts You May Need:
tinkerBOY PowerSwitch – 5V Boost and Charge Module with Safe Shutdown$22.95 – $25.00 Select options
tinkerBOY DPI Adapter$31.75 Select options
tinkerBOY Add-On Board – with Pre-soldered USB Type A Port and 3-Pin Volume Wheel, Back Buttons$5.95 – $7.95 Select options
tinkerBOY Speaker 4O2W$7.95 Add to cart
B103 Volume Wheel 10K Ohm 3Pin$1.50 Add to cart
Game Boy Cartridge with RetroPie Label Sticker and Serial Number Sticker$5.95 Select options
RetroPie Game Boy Cartridge Label and Serial Number Stickers (1 pair)$2.95 Add to cart