(new!) tinkerBOY Controller V3.0 for Game Boy Zero mod. Designed and built from scratch to make it easier to build your own Game Boy Zero. Uses a USB hub to join both the controller and the audio chip for a single 2-wire data connections to the Raspberry Pi. The USB audio is configured to work out of the box without soldering any analog volume wheel so you can test it immediately.
- Atmega32u4 chip for the controller inputs.
- C-Media USB Audio with builtin power amp.
- FE1.1s USB hub.
- Digital volume enabled by default but can be easily disabled via hotkey button or serial com in order to use an analog volume wheel.
- Supports a 6-button arcade style layout.
- Supports 2 analog joysticks. Disabled by default but can be easily enabled via hotkey button or via serial com.
- 2 free usb ports for external use.
- Requires just 2 wires to connect to a Raspberry Pi excluding the power lines.
- Compatible with Pi Zero or Pi 3.
tinkerBOY Controller V3.0 needs only two wire connections to the Raspberry Pi’s data pins to enable usb sound, controller inputs, and usb hub. A tinkerBOY Speaker 4O2W is highly recommended for better sounds.
***All boards are fully tested.
Additional Parts You May Need:
tinkerBOY PowerSwitch – 5V Boost and Charge Module with Safe ShutdownSelect options
tinkerBOY DPI AdapterSelect options
tinkerBOY Add-On Board – with Pre-soldered USB Type A Port and 3-Pin Volume Wheel, Back ButtonsSelect options
tinkerBOY Speaker 4Ω2W / 8Ω1WSelect options
B103 Volume Wheel 10K Ohm 3PinAdd to cart
Game Boy Cartridge with RetroPie Label Sticker and Serial Number StickerSelect options
RetroPie Game Boy Cartridge Label and Serial Number Stickers (1 pair)Add to cart