tinkerBOY PowerSwitch is both a boost and charge module designed for the Raspberry Pi based Game Boy Zero retro console.
- 5.2v and up to 3A boost output.
- 1A charging and builtin micro USB port.
- Safe Shutdown for Raspberry Pi.
- Builtin power slide switch.
- Overload / Short-Circuit protection.
- 5.2v and up to 3A boost current output.
- Low 70µA quiescent current.
- Overload/Short-Circuit Protection
- Power off current <1µA.
- Thermal shutdown.
- 1A current current.
- Safe Shutdown power switch.
- Up to 93% efficiency.
- Power and charging LED indicator.
- Toggle Switch Mod for the tinkerBOY PowerSwitch.
- In order to simplify the circuit, achieve a high current output, and to easily assemble and troubleshoot the PowerSwitch I decided against a load-sharing chip. This simply means that I do not recommend charging while the PowerSwitch is turned on. It won’t damage the module for a short period but might get very hot when charging and playing for long.
- For high current builds like the Pi 4, make sure you use a battery that can output enough current.
Additional Parts You May Need:
tinkerBOY Controller V3.0 – Game Boy Zero AIO PCB ControllerSelect options
tinkerBOY DPI AdapterSelect options
tinkerBOY Add-On Board – with Pre-soldered USB Type A Port and 3-Pin Volume Wheel, Back ButtonsSelect options
tinkerBOY Speaker 4Ω2W / 8Ω1WSelect options
B103 Volume Wheel 10K Ohm 3PinAdd to cart
Game Boy Cartridge with RetroPie Label Sticker and Serial Number StickerSelect options
RetroPie Game Boy Cartridge Label and Serial Number Stickers (1 pair)Add to cart