Game Boy Controller v2.0 for Raspberry Pi projects like the Game Boy Zero and Game Boy 3. We all know how tedious and time-consuming the process of building one can be so I made this board to simplify that and save some time.
- Built-in low/high pass filter to remove unwanted noises or frequencies.
- Built-in Class-D stereo audio amplifier.
- Built-in headphone jack.
- Supports 2-speaker setup for left and right audio.
- Built-in resistors for the speakers to minimize noise.
- All features from Game Boy Controller v1.1.
- GPIO Buttons and RetroPie. You can find a copy of RetroPie 4.3 image with the Adafruit Retrogame Utility already pre-installed. Just follow the GPIO configuration when wiring the controller buttons.
- Wiring Guide for Game Boy Controller v2.0.
- Wiring Guide for the 3.5″ GearBest Screen with 5V Mod.
- How to Wire The L and R Buttons.
- GearBest PowerBoost Pinout Guide.
- GPIO Button Guide for Game Boy Controller v2.0.
- Download the X and Y drill hole template. Print the PDF in its actual size.
Additional Parts You May Need:
Game Boy Cartridge with RetroPie Label Sticker and Serial Number Sticker$5.95 Select options
GearBest Screen 3.5″ LCD TFT RGB Display Module for Game Boy Zero$19.65 Buy product
Momentary Push Button Tactile Switches with Caps (2pcs, 6x6x10mm)$1.25 Select options
B103 Volume Wheel 10K Ohm 5Pin Double Dial Taper$1.50 Add to cart
Game Boy Speaker$1.95 Add to cart
Game Boy Zero Glass Screen Cover Protector$7.95 Select options
GearBest PowerBoost – 5V Boost Module and Battery Charger$3.96 Buy product
Micro USB micro-B Breakout Board$0.95 Add to cart
RetroPie Game Boy Cartridge Label and Serial Number Stickers (1 pair)$2.95 Add to cart
USB Female Type A 4-Pin Socket/Port$1.25 Add to cart