tinkerBOY PowerSwitch is both a boost and charge module designed for the Raspberry Pi based Game Boy Zero retro console.
- 5.2v and up to 3A boost output.
- 1A charging and builtin micro USB port.
- Safe Shutdown for Raspberry Pi.
- Builtin power slide switch.
- Overload / Short-Circuit protection.
- 5.2v and up to 3A boost current output.
- Low 70µA quiescent current.
- Overload/Short-Circuit Protection
- Power off current <1µA.
- Thermal shutdown.
- 1A current current.
- Safe Shutdown power switch.
- Up to 93% efficiency.
- Power and charging LED indicator.
- Toggle Switch Mod for the tinkerBOY PowerSwitch.
- In order to simplify the circuit, achieve a high current output, and to easily assemble and troubleshoot the PowerSwitch I decided against a load-sharing chip. This simply means that I do not recommend charging while the PowerSwitch is turned on. It won’t damage the module for a short period but might get very hot when charging and playing for long.
- For high current builds like the Pi 4, make sure you use a battery that can output enough current.
Additional Parts You May Need:
tinkerBOY Controller V3.0 – Game Boy Zero AIO PCB Controller$55.00 Select options
tinkerBOY DPI Adapter$31.75 Select options
tinkerBOY Add-On Board – with Pre-soldered USB Type A Port and 3-Pin Volume Wheel, Back Buttons$5.95 – $7.95 Select options
tinkerBOY Speaker 4O2W$7.95 Add to cart
B103 Volume Wheel 10K Ohm 3Pin$1.50 Add to cart
Game Boy Cartridge with RetroPie Label Sticker and Serial Number Sticker$5.95 Select options
RetroPie Game Boy Cartridge Label and Serial Number Stickers (1 pair)$2.95 Add to cart