(new!) tinkerBOY Controller V3.0 for Game Boy Zero mod. Designed and built from scratch to make it easier to build your own Game Boy Zero. Uses a USB hub to join both the controller and the audio chip for a single 2-wire data connections to the Raspberry Pi. The USB audio is configured to work out of the box without soldering any analog volume wheel so you can test it immediately.
- Atmega32u4 chip for the controller inputs.
- C-Media USB Audio with builtin power amp.
- FE1.1s USB hub.
- Digital volume enabled by default but can be easily disabled via hotkey button or serial com in order to use an analog volume wheel.
- Supports a 6-button arcade style layout.
- Supports 2 analog joysticks. Disabled by default but can be easily enabled via hotkey button or via serial com.
- 2 free usb ports for external use.
- Requires just 2 wires to connect to a Raspberry Pi excluding the power lines.
- Compatible with Pi Zero or Pi 3.
tinkerBOY Controller V3.0 needs only two wire connections to the Raspberry Pi’s data pins to enable usb sound, controller inputs, and usb hub. A good 4Ω 3w speaker is highly recommended.
***All boards are fully tested.
Additional Parts You May Need:
Game Boy Cartridge with RetroPie Label Sticker and Serial Number Sticker$5.95 Select options
GearBest Screen 3.5″ LCD TFT RGB Display Module for Game Boy Zero$19.65 Buy product
Momentary Push Button Tactile Switches with Caps (2pcs, 6x6x10mm)$1.25 Select options
tinkerBOY DPI Adapter v1.0$31.75 Add to cart
4ohm 3w 28mm Speaker$7.95 Add to cart
B103 Volume Wheel 10K Ohm 3Pin$1.50 Add to cart
Game Boy Zero Glass Screen Cover Protector$7.95 Select options
GearBest PowerBoost – 5V Boost Module and Battery Charger$3.96 Buy product
Micro USB 4-Wire Data Cable$2.55 Add to cart
Micro USB micro-B Breakout Board$0.95 Add to cart
PSP1000 Analog Stick$2.95 Add to cart
RetroPie Game Boy Cartridge Label and Serial Number Stickers (1 pair)$2.95 Add to cart
USB Female Type A 4-Pin Socket/Port$1.25 Add to cart