Stereo Audio with Single Speaker Setup
This setup uses both left and audio channel.
- Solder a wire from the PWM0-R pad to the Pi Zero’s GPIO18 pin or the Pi 3’s right audio from the headphone jack.
- Solder a wire from the PWM1-L pad to the Pi Zero’s GPIO13 pin or the Pi 3’s left audio from the headphone jack.
- Solder the volume pot to the board with their respective pins. You can use a 5-pin or a 3-pin volume wheel.
- Solder a wire from the S_R+ pad to the speaker’s positive(+) pin.
- Solder a wire from the S_R- pad to the speaker’s negative(-) pin.
- Last step is to combine both left and audio for the speaker by soldering a jumper wire from S_R+ pad to S_L+ pad.
- For Pi Zero build, edit the
/boot/config.txtand add the following line:
You can also use 2 speakers for left and audio output if that’s what you want.
There are different ways to setup the audio on a Game Boy Zero/3 but this is the most common and easiest way to do so good luck and happy building!